Bandizip Setup Command Line Parameters
Since v6.0, Bandizip does not use NSIS which is used previously, but the unique installer developed by Bandisoft.
There are command line parameters for Bandizip setup file as follows:
- Install the application without UI as NSIS does.
- But if an error occurs during the installation, a dialog box is displayed.
- Install the application automatically with UI.
How to register Bandizip with command line parameters
/S <email_address> <product_key>
BANDIZIP-SETUP-ONLINE.EXE /auto email@example.com AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD
BANDIZIP-SETUP-ENT.EXE /S firstname.lastname@example.org AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD
- If you have Bandizip Paid Edition, you may use the parameters to perform its installation and registration at the same time.
How to select the installation folder
Use /D: switch to select the installation folder when installing Bandizip first time. This switch is ignored if Bandizip is already installed.
/D:"DEST FOLDER PATH"
Use double quotation marks if the folder name includes a space.
BANDIZIP-SETUP-ENT.EXE /D:"C:\Program Files\BandzipTest"
The switch can be used with /S or /auto.
BANDIZIP-SETUP-ENT.EXE /D:"C:\Program Files\BandzipTest" /auto
The switch can be used with an environment variable (like %ProgramW6432%) in the path.
The following are exit codes after installation.
- 0: The installation was successful with no error.
- 1: There was a locked file when copying files but Ignore was selected by the user.
- 900-999: Miscellaneous